Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wind of Change

Maybe it’s spring that awakens people, maybe it’s just the thing about change of seasons, the key word being “change”. A lot of people dread it, some people welcome it. The latter understand that the only thing that is constant, that is sure, is that all things pass, grow or evolve. To avoid frustration and to feel harmonious, it’s important to be open to change as it is inevitable.

This has become particularly important to me as 2010 was a rock’n’roll kind of year and only in the last few months have I started to embrace that some of the hardest and most dramatic changes are the ones who have the most positive impact.

My life, I am fortunate to say, is about to take on a very exciting journey.

I’ve successfully reoriented my Communications career into Arts Communication and this is an ongoing project which I believe to be increasingly more rewarding as I get involved further. Finally, my communications education is serving a passion of mine and going to work every day feels a lot less like a job and a lot more like a calling.

My photography certificate is drawing to an end and I feel a bit of nostalgia and anxiety. “How could I be done when I have so much left to learn?” I trust that I will continue growing, so much so, that I have challenged myself to a film bootcamp with SPAO. I’ll be starting in May…

For a plethora of reasons and because of a combination of factors, I’ve also decided to return to school part-time on a more formal basis. I broke the ice with photography, now I think I can handle exams as well… Come September, I’m tackling Social Media at Algonquin. Fitting, isn’t it?

If my career prospects weren’t effervescent enough, I’ve embarked on an exciting adventure with the Canada Dance Festival. I will be part of their communications team, so stay tuned! I mean, what better way to combine business with pleasure? Expect to be reading a lot more about dance come May/June…

Last but not least, I’m leaping into one of my biggest adventures yet. Actually, it would be for a lot of people…

It’s one that is both risky and thrilling. It’s bold and perhaps tinted with a bit of naiveness. It’s a rewarding battle between genuine happiness and mundane disenchantment. It’ll likely make me laugh and sometimes cry, it’ll yield feelings of frustration and of satisfaction. If anything, it’s bound to be a unique experience that will create cherished memories and hopefully, plenty of chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies.

Le Boyfriend and I have decided to shack up! Worry not, the career gal is feeling up to the challenge. She might even try to use the kitchen. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Woooo...be aware Merc...the kitchen holds many secret. But fear not my dear friend. As even far from you as I am, the media that you love so much(aka texting) is at your fingertip. Thus i promise to be your fairy godmother when you'll be mistaken with baking powder and baking soda. And to Le boyfriend, ,walk in with diligence as your dearest ..maybe i should just let him discover by himself your wonderful talent!
    on that( YOU KNOW I LOOOOOOOOVE YOU) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NO idea what you might be referring to! :P

    ReplyDelete