Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Biennale Photo Contest Jitters

It's not that I consider myself to be of the ranks of visual artists or of world press photographers, but entering a contest is something any photographer that aspires to get better should do. Why? Well, because it's an editing exercise, it's a challenge and it's rewarding if you do get exposure - and who knows, maybe even a prize?

A friend of mine told me about the Biennale Photo Contest, which is free to all applicants. I figured I needed to get my act together sooner or later, after having been shooting for just over a year now.

So, the editing exercise begins. One photo must be submitted, respecting a theme, of course, along with a artistic process (short essay form). I never thought I'd say this of my own work, but... ONLY one?

I've found there are many photographs of mine that I feel proud of or strongly about. But part of me wonders if you can really summarize one's work by one photograph? I suppose so, seeing as careers were built on unique shots - as it's often the case with Press or Celebrity/Fashion photogs.

I will keep you posted as to my Biennale adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment