Thursday, March 24, 2011

Diana Mini...Heart "Boom"

The Toy Camera Saga continues...

After a disappointing first experience with my Holga film not developping - for not having been properly set, I suspect - I wrapped up my Fisheye and Diana Mini rolls and dropped them off to be developed.

Cassandra. Shot/Diana Mini (c) M. Déziel-Hupé
Thinking I was sparing myself hassle by dropping them to a local photolab, I cost myself aggravation: I waited three weeks for films to be sent out, processed and sent back...and NOT get a call from the lab to notify me that my photos were ready. If the photolab is not professional, I take it this means you cannot expect professional customer service either. *sigh* To make matters worse, I received my half-frame photos developed in full frame!?! Say what? No wonder the package was so voluminous!

Wow. I will be shopping for a new photolab. Suggestions, anyone? That is, of course, until I take my own crash course in film development. I may swear and rant and smell like chemicals, by God, I'll know how to use a darkroom by end of June!

If you're not already wondering, my Fisheye photos are alright because of the flash. Most of them turned out fairly decently. As for my Diana photos, most were out of focus. I suppose this is a combination of novelty, absence of flash and sketchy shutter - which makes the whole plastic body shake at every shot. Hmm. Well, there's only one thing to do: load another film and go again!

For all of my toy camera successes, visit my photo blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment