Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Film Roll Please...

I am anxiously waiting for my very first roll of Holga 35 mm film to come in...

I have yet to finish my Lomo Fisheye and Mini Diana 35 mm rolls. Naturally, as luck would have it, my flash battery in my Fisheye died and my Half-Frame Diana indicates 57 photos… The roll ends at 72. *Sigh* More band for your buck, right?

So here I am, waiting. Like a kid for a surprise, which could go either way, really. But the excitement is still looming. Will the photos turn out? Will I like the effect or recognize the subjects on my photos? Wow, I have been snapping away at things nonchalantly for nearly 2 months. I can’t quite remember all I have captured. I wonder if I managed to warm up to this toy camera. I’m hoping for interesting hues and saturation, for vignetting maybe? At the very least, I want the shots to be decently exposed. Holga, don’t let me down.

I might be taking some contemporary dance shots of an ongoing project with Tara Luz Danse this week, which would mean the inevitable return to my Nikon D3000, but that does not mean I’ll give up on film trials. I must admit, I am looking forward to this sneak peek at Moving Narratives. It’s a race: will the film come in sooner than the dance shoot or will it be the other way around? I can’t recall how long film takes to be developed… Perhaps this is why I’m so excited about Harry Nowell’s film development workshop coming this summer 2011!  

Either way, I’ve got awesome photo adventures to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment