Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Usher - DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love ft. Pitbull




I don't know about you, but I've always had a special place in my heart for two male pop stars with mad dancing skills... Justin Timberlake and Usher. There's something about men dancing that I truly admire. I suppose one could say it's because dance is not a big part of our Western culture to dance socially. Maybe in part, but I think it has a lot more to do with the physicality and aesthetics of it that intrigues me. I enjoy watching male ballet dancers, lindy hoppers, latin ballroom dancers, hip hoppers and B-boys. I guess it must have something to do with the underlying idea that any dancer (man or woman) exudes a certain confidance; they must be comfortable with their body to use it as a means of expression and put it on display.


I thought of sharing this because this video - along with many I could post - reinforces my appreciation for male pop dancing. It also can't hurt that the tune is catchy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment