Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ottawa Fashion Week: Here I come!

I've got butterflies. I don't know what to wear. Am I going on a date? I don't know what to pack. Will I bring enough or too much? Will I fit in? No, I'm not going to summer camp. Will I meet good contacts? This isn't a conference. Will I succeed in getting the right shots and tame this new flash (SB-600)?


If you care a little about what's in vogue or if you put effort into your personal style, you may have noticed that this, my friends, is the beginning of Ottawa Fashion Week.


Why do I care?


Only because yours truly has been lucky enough to be invited to join Gilda Furgiuele (Royale Boutique Photography) to shoot for the organizers of OFW.


*Cue freakout*


As a girl and amateur of fashion in my own right, I now find my closet unworthy. "Look the part but be comfortable"...Really? Wish I knew what the recipe for that was.


As a photography student, I'm feeling suddenly very intimidated by my flash and Caleb (my D3000) seems to have gotten cold feet.


Just when I get a golden opportunity, an urge to self-sabotage invades the pit of my stomach. Will I be good enough? Will I mingle? Will I put my foot in my mouth? Will I embarass my mentor? ...


Then, I remember to breathe. I suppose I should enjoy the ride: I am in fact, a very lucky girl to even be attending, so for I'll try to make the best of it!


Let's just hope I make it there, on time, looking half decent without forgetting something, like say, a spare battery or a memory card.


CATWALK! Clic clic clic!

No comments:

Post a Comment