Monday, November 14, 2011

Ballet in the Streets/Ballet en marge

Amelia. (c) Mercedes Déziel-Hupé, 2011
I have been buried in work, both at the Ottawa Art Gallery, as well as at home. I'm one of those people who just isn't feeling at ease if I don't have at least two ongoing projects outside of a day job. I mentioned a few posts ago, that I was working on my first photography exhibit. Naturally, this is a lengthy process...


I can say that I've been enjoying every minute of the shooting phase; I have worked with fellow dancers and friends and met some new and interesting people along the way. I've found and created beautiful images and built up my confidence. I feel physically tired, but much in the same way you would after a day of enjoyment, whether it be on a trip, during market day or a pleasant evening with friends. This project is a combination of two of my passions: dance and photography.


Tea time. (c) Mercedes Déziel-Hupé, 2011
I am now entering the editing phase, which promises to be the longest, most detail-oriented and possibly frustrating part of this project. Skimming through hundreds of shots, discriminating, sometimes coolly disregarding the hours of work that went into a series of images, tweaking what I thought was nearly perfect. It seems never ending. But this is part of the craft.


I have not found a home for this exhibit yet, nor do I have dates, but I have decided to be kind to myself and to truly respect this project, by focusing on every step, as I take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment