Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Shag Explosion Week-end

I've got the jitters already.

It's almost here! The Annual Shag Explosion week-end. It's jam packed with workshops, dances and of course, competitions.

What is shag? Well, it happens below the belt and on a dance floor... It's a swing dance with plenty of fancy footwork! Basically, while Lindy Hop was danced by african-american kids in New York, the white college kids of the Big Apple danced this crazy style.

What does shag look like? A lot like this...


This Saturday is the Mobster's Ball, which is a night of social dancing, live jazz and shag contests. It's great entertainment even for non-dancers!

I'm left debating if I should compete this year... You see, last year I placed 2nd as a Newcomer. De facto, I can no longer compete in this category and am bumped into Advanced.

Shall I face my fears and try my hand at another title?

No comments:

Post a Comment