Monday, November 1, 2010

The Moment of Truth

This Halloween week-end, Swing Dynamite was hosting its Trick or Treat party and Bootcamp performance. It was a night of fun, fright and fabulousness!


TNTeam 2010-2011
There was a costume contest, an abundance of dancing and of course... the moment of Truth for my equally insane fellow bootcampers! Yes, my friends, all the blood, bruises, sweat and tears have come to THIS epic night.


Swing Dynamite bombarded the crowd with the D-Boys, the Rhythm Blasters, the Westie Bombers, the Dynamite Girls, TNTeam (my possey) and the Jam Crew. Having trained intensively for 4 weeks, the bootcampers (of which I am a part) put it all on the line to wow the crowd. The performances were no less than explosive with crazy aerials and in sync musicality.


This was an opportunity for the dancers to show what they could do, but also, how they handled pressure. Geez, how else are you suppose to feel about costume fittings?!?


My Swing on the Bootcamp Performance


I had been nervous for most of the day leading up to this, wondering how I would do. I kept thinking, "after nearly 16 years of dance and performance, you should get over this!"


As usual, my pre-show jitters worked their magic: I danced and felt great about it! Thanks to my ama-swing partner, Bill Ewanick for his upscale leading. Couldn't have had more of a blast! The social dancing was so sweet afterwards, it was just like icing on the cake...


For the female & lindy readers: I wore a Sugarbum Design aubergine skirt and I performed a PANCAKE with height and might! Swing does sound yummy, doesn't it?


This week, the calls will be made to the bootcampers to determine who has made an impression, who will stay on board and who will keep dancing and show us all up next year!


Thanks again to Byron Alley and Natalia Rueda, our beloved coaches, for their support, encouragement and genuine butt-kicking. My abs thank you as well.


Twilight Zone


Aside from the freakishly creative costumes (I think here of the Bear-Mulled-Forest-Man and of the Baker and Bun-in-the-oven couple), there was as much social dancing as to be expected... and the floor was packed! Westies and Lindies put their stylish differences aside for this night only - where in the twilight zone, anything can happen - and shared the dance floor. I even flirted with the dark side: I was temporarily westified and liked it.  Oh, how my keds lindy shoes were hating me then... 

No comments:

Post a Comment